In the WatchMeCode series on uploading files to AWS S3, I created a very “simple” upload.js file. This file does not contain a lot of code – but it does encompass many different responsibilities.
As it stands, the code works, but is not easy to read or modify. Moving forward, I want it to be better structured, to use modern features like ES2015 modules, and generally be easier to follow.
Join me for this WatchMeCode series on restructuring the upload.js file.
- Move from one large file, to many smaller ones;
- Change the old-school module pattern to ES2015 modules
- Use Babel and Browserify to target features not yet supported by browsers
- Clean up a convoluted workflow
- Separate concerns and create a more maintainable codebase
- and more!