While preparing for this episode, I found myself trying to continue down the path of making small changes to implementation details. But when I looked up from my work, I found that I had inadvertently taken on a very large chunk of higher-level code.
The result was more of a mess than a solution.
To correct this, I stepped back and looked at the code again, from a different perspective.
Instead of trying to encapsulate a complete “view”, I wanted to focus in on a single part of the view – a component within the view.
That work – along with brief coverage of the larger problem I had attempted to cause – turned into the solution shown in this episode.
Learn what it takes to create a clean API and simple UI component encapsulation, wrapped around a single UI feature: the progress bar that is displayed while a file uploads.